The Heart and the Art of Bee-Centered Beekeeping
Saturday, September 22nd, 2018, in Salida, Colorado
(Directions to specific location in Salida will be emailed upon receipt of your registration.)
Register Early, Participation is Limited! (REGISTER HERE)
The Heart and the Art of Bee-Centered Beekeeping is a full day class (9am to 3pm, lunch included) in which we'll explore the ethos, tenets, and practices of bee-centered beekeeping, as well as the world of the honey bees themselves.
This will be an interactive exploration and discussion, not a lecture per se. Questions and ideas from all levels of experience - from the curious to the competent - will be most welcome. This will be a time of exploration and mutual encouragement.
Topics will include:
- Honoring Honey Bees - understanding, respecting, and supporting the way they're designed to live in the world.
- Hosting Honey Bees - creating healthy, sustainable, native pollinator habitat in your location.
- Hiving Honey Bees - configuring bait hives to be as appealing as possible to swarms.
- Housing Honey Bees - providing hive cavities with the characteristics that are the most ideal from the bees' perspective.
- Husbanding Honey Bees - living in relationship with honey bees in a way that puts their long-term health, welfare, and vitality foremost.
This class is for adults, and youth 14 years old and up. I will send you an email confirming your registration and providing you with a link to lodging options and all the info you need to enjoy your stay in Salida, Colorado, one on the most beautiful places in the U.S.
Questions? You can email me at BeeTreeHives@gmail.com
The best review I've ever received:
“'Mr Scott is the BEST bee teacher and takes care of ALL the bees. He’s a good bee dad!' Out of the mouth of babes!" Danielle L., 4 years old